Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Updated Copyright Crash Course launched (©ollectanea)

Updated Copyright Crash Course launched

I have completed the update to and move of the Copyright Crash Course! (Well, it is never complete, but we have to draw the line somewhere.)

It now resides with me at the University of Texas at Austin on the Libraries' Website (instead of the UT System Website). I had the benefit of most of the summer to revise the pages, and the able services of a Libraries designer, Matthew Villalobos, to give the site a much-needed design boost. I spent the last 6 weeks loading content into the templates and debugging. That part is not so much fun...

I changed the focus of the Crash Course in some respects. My new job at the Libraries focuses my efforts more on the needs of faculty members as scholars and their challenges of working and succeeding in a networked academic world. So, I have tailored the Crash Course more to the needs of faculty and researchers, though the site still contains some articles that speak to students. The Crash Course also continues to include the "Copyright in the Library" series, which I have updated entirely.

The old site is still up and will continue to be for a short while. When it is taken down and archived, the old pages will be replaced with "404" pages that direct visitors to the new site.

Feel free to let me know if you have comments or questions about the new material. If you find bugs, I would especially appreciate your letting me know.

Updated Copyright Crash Course launched (©ollectanea)

No comments: